Affiliate Marketing Secrets
Affiliate marketing is by far the fastest way to get started making money online. This is when you refer traffic to someone else’s product sales page, they handle the sales, support and billing, and you earn at least a 50% commission
Here’s just a few benefits
- You can start almost instantly with no up-front costs and no need to develop a product, write the sales page, design the website, develop marketing materials, or do support, billing and maintenance.
- There’s no time required on your partbecause you don’t have to do the customer support or deal with billing or technical issues.
- Your efforts are risk-free, because the product owner has already made sure the product sells. So you know that your traffic will result in sales.
There’s no denying that these benefits make affiliate marketing the best thing going!
The downside is…
After all your hard work of generating traffic to the sales page, you will never see any of those visitors again. Unfortunately, the majority of those visitors (at least 90%) will not buy on their first visit. And of the 10% or less that do buy, the product owner will be able to sell to them again, but you will not.
Is there are way around this?
It’s simple: You must get your visitors’ email addresses before you send them to the product owner’s website. If you do that, you can contact them again and send them back the product website multiple times. This will increase the number of sales you make. And if you’re really on top of your game, you’ll then send to a content mini-site in between.
Here’s what these affiliate marketing strategies will do for you:
- Owning a list of potential buyers gives you the ability to market additional products at the push of a button.
- You’re generating good will by giving them high-quality content. This way, they are much more likely to make a purchase when you send them to the sales page.
Here’s what you’ll need to create affiliate tools like this:
- A squeeze page, and even better a Video squeeze page.
- At least a few pages of great content
- An email series with at least 5 high-quality content emails
Instead of sending visitors directly to the product sales page, you’ll send them to your lead capture page first. This page is where you collect your visitors’ contact info and add them to your autoresponder, which in turn starts sending them the multi-part email series. After subscribing them to your email list, it redirects them to your content mini-site.
These high-quality content pages provide value and build good will. This way your visitor is more likely to buy when they get to the product owner’s website. While they’re reading the content you’ve provided, your email system is already following up with them to send them back to the product website again and again.
Putting all of these pieces together will increase your sales by 500% or more, so it’s obviously worth the time and energy to do it. And once it’s set up, it runs automatically – you just send visitors to the squeeze page, instead of the product website.
One option, if you’re not up to the challenge of setting this all up yourself, is to let someone like Affiliate Silver Bullet do it for you. With a service like that, you don’t have to do anything. They make the video, build the squeeze page, write the email series, develop the content mini-site, etc. And then just give you a finished package. The major benefit of using a service like this is that you can get started right away, and for a whole lot less than it would cost to do it all yourself. The downside is that other people will be using the same affiliate tools as you. But the internet is pretty big, so this isn’t much of a concern.
The other route you can take is to hire people on Elance to create and implement the various aspects for you. Either way, it’s an important step that you need to take if you’re going to be serious about your affiliate marketing.